Are you an attorney or financial advisor? You will definitely want to have a copy of the Professional Edition of K. Gabriel Heiser's Medicaid planning book...
Medicaid Planning: From A to Z
This is the 2018 Professional Edition of the best-selling book “How to Protect Your Family’s Assets from Devastating Nursing Home Costs: Medicaid Secrets.” While substantially based on that smaller consumer-focused edition, the Professional Edition is squarely aimed at the attorney or financial advisor who wishes to have a more-detailed guide with every reference footnoted.
Originally prepared as part of a 17-hour professional CLE course that attorney K. Gabriel Heiser gave to attorneys and advisors across the country for the Medicaid Planning Network, the Professional Edition is now available as a separate purchase.
The Professional Edition:
540 pages long (full-size: 8.5″ x 11″ softcover)
50+ footnotes (every citation–law, rule, regulation, and case reference–is now completely set out in these footnotes; a HUGE timesaver that vastly speeds up your research: worth the cost of the manual alone!)
- Additional discussions aimed at the attorney/advisor
- Two additional chapters on Medicaid Planning and Attorney Professional Ethics (39 pages–used with a two-hour ethics CLE course)
- Sample legal forms, including: Durable Power of Attorney; Will with Elective Share Trust; Promissory Note; Ladybird Deed; Deed of Small Percentage Interest (ready to be incorporated into your legal forms, for all your Medicaid clients)
- 138 pages of the most-used Medicaid statutes and regulations so they are at your fingertips
- A completed Medicaid application as an example to guide you
- Entire book re-written specifically for the attorney/advisor
While the small paperback “layman’s edition” that sells for $49 is indeed a handy desk-reference, anyone that practices in this area will want to own a copy of the Professional Edition so as to have all the benefits set forth above.